Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Now available: Book of the Blog 2011 - Vol. 1: Transcriptions

UPDATE: I'm keeping this at the top of the blog this week- scroll down for new stuff.

OK, it took me longer than I had hoped to wrap this up, but it's  finally ready to order, professionally printed and bound from Lulu.com. This very fat first volume of stuff from 2011 includes all of my original transcriptions posted during our first year as a dedicated drumming blog. Volume 2 will contain the technical pieces- now that I've done one of these, it will hopefully be much faster coming together.

Included are transcriptions of the playing of Elvin Jones, Jack Dejohnette, Vinnie Colaiuta (epic!), Zigaboo Modeliste, Tony Williams, James Gadson, Philly Joe Jones, Frankie Dunlop, Ringo Starr, Paul Motian, Max Roach, and a whole lot more.

They're bargain-priced at $14.95 for 139 fully-packed pages, so, ah, "order your copy today!"

3 comments:

Thomas Lang said...

Just ordered. Can't wait! Roll on volume deux.

David Hurd said...

Just ordered as well. 'Sure do appreciate you and your site--what a resource and inspiration you are! Thanks so much.

Todd Bishop said...

Thanks, you guys- I really appreciate the purchase! This is the first thing I've run through Lulu, so please let me know how your experience is- especially if there's anything notably wrong- slow turnaround, print quality, etc.